Demon hunters are warriors of darkness that wield demonic powers and use them against the Burning Legion, their ultimate opponent. The primary demon hunter faction is the Illidari, which is led by the first demon hunter, Illidan Stormrage. Demon hunters are known only to be elven, notably night elves and blood elves, all of which are shunned by greater society.
During training, demon hunters undergo rituals to blind themselves in order to be granted spectral sight, which allows them to see demons and undead more clearly. Also, demon hunters feed on demonic energies, making them appear more demonic, resulting in horns, demon scales, and also have the ability to undergo a metamorphosis to transform into a demon, giving them wings and hooves, depending on the type of specialization they pursued.
The demon hunter was considered as a hero class as early as the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, but it was not until Legion that they were added, seeing as they finally had a story suitable enough for them, and went along well with the primary storyline.
Notable demon hunters Edit
- Allari the Souleater, Illidari member
- Altruis the Sufferer, Illidari outcast
- Cyana Nightglaive, Illidari member (deceased)
- Belath Dawnblade, Illidari member
- Daldoren, Illidari lieutenant
- Illidan Stormrage, Lord of the Illidari
- Illysanna Ravencrest, Illidari member
- Izal Whitemoon, Illidari member
- Jace Darkweaver, Illidari member
- Kayn Sunfury, Illidari lieutenant
- Kilonar, Illidari lieutenant
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn, Illidari member
- Lanoran, Illidari member
- Mannethrel Darkstar, Illidari member (deceased)
- Oraos, Illidari member
- Sevis Brightflame, Illidari member