An expansion is a major software update that brings new features to the game. An example is World of Warcraft: Legion, which brings many new features such as the class order halls or optional zone rotation.
Expansions in World of WarcraftEdit
- The Burning Crusade (BC) (January 16, 2007)
- Wrath of the Lich King (WotLK) (November 13, 2008)
- Cataclysm (Cata) (December 7, 2010)
- Mists of Pandaria (MoP) (September 25, 2012)
- Warlords of Draenor (WoD) (November 13, 2014)
- Legion (August 20, 2016)