Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion in Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft, released September 25, 2012. In it, the Horde and Alliance have a full-scale war against each other, and along the way discover the continent of Pandaria, which was once, ten thousand years ago, a part of Azeroth, until it was broken off by the last Pandaren emperor, Shaohao, during the Great Sundering, in order to protect Pandaria from the Sundering. Later, Vol'jin creates a rebellion against the "True Horde" lead by Garrosh Hellscream. Eventually, Vol'jin's rebellion and the Alliance invade Orgrimmar to defeat Garrosh once and for all.
- New dailies in Krasarang Wilds.
- New reputation factions: Operation Shieldwall (Alliance) and Dominance Offensive (Horde).
- New scenarios: A Little Patience, Lion's Landing (Alliance), Domination Point (Horde), Dagger in the Dark, and Assault on Zan'vess (both).
- New feature: Brawler's Guild.
In Landfall, the Alliance and Horde battle each other in Krasarang Wilds. Jaina Proudmoore, the new leader of the Kirin Tor, also purges all the Horde from Dalaran and makes the Kirin Tor part of the Alliance.
5.2: The Thunder KingEdit
- New zones: Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants.
- New world bosses: Nalak and Oondasta
- New raid: Throne of Thunder.
- New reputation factions: Kirin Tor Offensive (Alliance), Sunreaver Onslaught (Horde), and Shado-Pan Assault (both).
In this patch the Kirin Tor Offensive and the Sunreaver Onslaught invade the Isle of Thunder and defeat Lei Shen, the Mogu Thunder King.
- New world event: Battlefield Barrens.
- New scenarios: Blood in the Snow (Alliance), Dark Heart of Pandaria, Battle on the High Seas, and The Secrets of Ragefire (both).
- New feature: heroic scenarios.
- New battleground: Deepwind Gorge.
- New arena: The Tiger's Peak.
In Escalation, Vol'jin starts to form his rebellion against Hellscream and starts stealing supplies from Kor'kron troops in the Barrens, to use against Garrosh in the near future. The Alliance aids Vol'jin's rebellion in stealing supplies from the Barrens.
5.4: Siege of OrgrimmarEdit
- New raid: Siege of Orgrimmar.
- New raid mode: Flexible.
- New zone: Timeless Isle.
- New world bosses: Niuzao, Chi-Ji, Yu'lon, Xuen, and Ordos.
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms forever changed.
- New features: Proving Grounds and Celestial Tournament.
In Siege of Orgrimmar, Vol'jin's Rebellion and the Alliance fight Hellscream and his minions in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Orgrimmar.